What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Apostolic Prayer

Father God, grant me apostolic passion! 
May the world no longer rule my heart. 
May I no longer be seduced by getting and gaining but be devoted to spreading and proclaiming Your glory, Lord God, in the nations. 
May I live as a pilgrim, unattached to the cares of this world. 
May I not be afraid of loss. 
May I even dare to believe that I may be given the privilege of dying to spread Your fame on the earth. 
May Your passions, Lord God, become my passions. 
May I find my satisfaction and significance in You. 
I believe You are with me always, to the end of life itself. 
Help me to be sold out to You, and to live for the Lamb. 
May my greatest dream be that Your Name will be praised in languages never before heard in Heaven. 
May my reward be the look of pure delight I anticipate seeing in Your eyes when I lay at Your feet, Lord Jesus, the just reward of Your suffering: the worship of the redeemed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment