What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easter Devotion: Boldness in Action (Day 6)

As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by."
He called out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?"
"Lord, I want to see," he replied.
Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."
Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.  Luke 18:35-43


Discuss 
1) What did the blind man do when he heard that Jesus was passing by?
2) Why did people rebuke/scold him and tell him to be quiet?
3) What did he do when they hushed him?  Why?
4) When Jesus healed him, what did Jesus say had healed him?
5) Do you ever get embarrassed to tell others you are a Christian? If so, what lesson can you learn from the blind man?
6) What was the response of the people, who had previously scolded the blind man, once he was healed by Jesus?
7) Do you think your boldness for Jesus can bring praise to Him from other people?

Final Thought
Jesus was not embarrassed by the blind man's loud cries. He loved to see faith like that of the blind man, bold and persistent. It was a faith that 1) didn't care what others thought, 2) directly admitted his need and 3) followed Jesus immediately and gladly with a heart full of praise.

Prayer
Ask God to help you be more bold for Him and to trust that when you pray to Him, He hears you.

Song - Take My Life and Let It Be

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love
At the impulse of Thy love

Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Always, only for my King.

Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Not a mite would I withhold

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Ever, only, all for Thee. 

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated Lord to Thee
Take myself and I will be 
Ever, only, all for Thee
Ever, only, all for Thee

Here is a link for music and lyrics - Song

For further study 
There are many children throughout the world who are very bold in their faith in Christ, especially in nations where it is hard to be a Christian. Sharing their stories can encourage a bolder faith in your children. A wonderful resource is Kids of Courage


* Some of the content of this blog is based on the book Family Celebrations at Easter by Ann Hibbard.*

No comments:

Post a Comment