What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Friday, June 1, 2018

What's on the Other Side?

There are a lot of touching emails out there these days. But this one really made me think and it reminded me of one of the main reasons I write this blog:

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said,
"Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side."
Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't know."
"You don't know?  You're, a Christian man, and don't know what's on the other side?"
The doctor was holding the handle of the door. On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.
Turning to the patient, the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog? He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of death,  but I do know one thing... I know my Master is there and that is enough."

That is enough! We are so incredibly privileged and blessed to have heard the name of Jesus and to have been given the grace to believe in His name. We don't know what lies beyond the grave (the details, what our bodies will be like, what we will do all the time, what it will look like, etc.) but we know who lies beyond the grave...Jesus Christ!

But there are billions who do not know what lies beyond...billions who fear death with every ounce of their being...who live in a very dark world and who will go to an even darker world when they die. Friends, this should not be!

I spend my early morning hours reading the Bible, praying and just getting to know Jesus more. I can't WAIT to see Him face to face and be with Him forever! I want the unreached people of the world to get a chance to be with Him as well. I can't imagine life without Jesus!!!

I encourage you to pick one unreached people group and start praying for them daily. Find out more about them... https://www.unreachedoftheday.org has a list of just about all of them with links to lots of information. I have been praying for the Hui of China and the Bahing of Nepal for awhile now.



They need our prayers! They are people just like us. There, but for the grace of God, could be each of us. They are God's children too and He is asking us to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment