What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Who Am I

Who am I? It's a question we will ask ourselves throughout our lives. If I’ve learned one thing, I’ve learned that I can’t always believe what I think about myself, and I can’t always believe what people are saying about me and it would be so dangerous to believe what the world’s culture says about me. But…I can believe what the Lord says about me. I can rest in the truth of His word and the promises He gives.

Some of those promises are:

I am the Creator and you are my creation. I breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7).
I created you in my own image (Genesis 1:27).
My eyes saw your unformed substance (Psalm 139:16).
I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).
I know the number of hairs on your head, and before a word is on your tongue I know it (Matthew 10:30; Psalm 139:4).
You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
You are more valuable than many sparrows (Matthew 10:31).
I have given you dominion over all sheep and oxen and all beasts of the field and birds of the heavens and fish of the sea (Psalm 8:6–8; Genesis 1:26, 28).
I have crowned you with glory and honor as the pinnacle and final act of the six days of creation (Psalm 8:5; Genesis 1:26).



No comments:

Post a Comment