What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Sunday, January 3, 2021

My God, in You I Trust - Psalm 25:1-2


To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust; let me not be put to shame.

Psalm 25:1-2

O Lord, You who rule, Lord of heaven and earth, I call You Lord, though I am not worthy to be called Your servant for from my youth I did not serve You. But I served Your enemy, the devil. Him I served diligently.

Nevertheless, I do not doubt Your grace for I find in the word of Your truth that You are a bountiful, rich Lord to all those who call upon You. Therefore, I call unto You. O Lord hear me, hear me, O Lord! With full confidence and assurance, I lift up, not my head or my hands as the hypocrites do in the temples, but my soul. I lifted up my heart, not to Abraham, for he never knew us, nor to Israel, for he never had knowledge of us, but just to You, for You are our Lord and Father. You are our Redeemer, this is Your name from days of old.

Therefore it is, dear Lord, that I trust in You, for I truly know You are a faithful God over all who trust in You. If I am in darkness, You are my light. If I am in prison, You are with me. If I am forsaken, You are my comfort. If I am in death, You are my life. If they curse me, You bless. If they grieve me, You comfort. If they will kill me, You will raise me up. And if I walk in the dark valley, You will ever be with me. It is right, O Lord, that I lift up my grieved and miserable soul to You, trust in Your promise, and am not ashamed.

Prayers from Rev. Simon, a persecuted Christian 


No comments:

Post a Comment