What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Monday, November 8, 2010

1040 Christianity in the New Asia

I just got done watching an incredible movie/documentary entitled 1040: Christianity in the New Asia

In 78 minutes, the host, Jaeson Ma (a Korean pastor from Los Angeles), travelled to various countries in Asia, showing the movement of Jesus throughout this region.

Singapore, China, Korea, Indonesia and Taiwan...an incredible growth in the Christian church in regions that have never known the name of Jesus until now. 

I believe, like many of those interviewed in the movie, that Asia and Africa are the site of the next great movement of God. The youth, especially, are on fire for Jesus! 

We experienced this while living in Seoul, South Korea and it's this passion and fire for the Lord that draws my heart back to Asia every time I watch or read something about what God is doing there. 

My prayer is that the Lord will bring us back to Asia to live and work there sometime in the near future. It has been my heart's cry ever since we returned from Korea in 2008. 

Christians in Asia live out their faith every day. I am humbled, encouraged and excited to see what God has in store for this part of His world. I love you Asia!

Here is the movie trailer. I could not find the movie on You Tube but you can order it from the 1040: Christianity in the New Asia website. It is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment