What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Friday, February 16, 2018

Children's Easter Lesson - Everyone Is Invited! (Day 2)


Jesus replied. "There was once a man who threw a great dinner party and invited many. When it was time for dinner, he sent out his servant to the invited guests, saying, 'Come on in; the food's on the table.'
"Then they all began to beg off, one after another making excuses. The first said, 'I bought a piece of property and need to look it over. Send my regrets.'
"Another said, 'I just bought five teams of oxen, and I really need to check them out. Send my regrets.'
"And yet another said, 'I just got married and need to get home to my wife.'
"The servant went back and told the master what had happened. He was outraged and told the servant 'Quickly, get out into the city streets and alleys. Collect all who look like they need a square meal, all the misfits and homeless and wretched you can lay your hands on, and bring them here.' 
"The servant reported back, 'Master, I did what you commanded— and there's still room.'
"The master said, 'Then go to the country roads. Whoever you find, drag them in. I want my house full!'"
Luke 14:16-24

Discuss
1) Pretend that you were having the most fantastic birthday party ever - but everyone you invited said they couldn't come. How would that make you feel?
2) What did the man giving the party in Jesus' story do?
3) A parable is a story with a meaning. In this parable, the man giving the party is God. Whom did the first guests represent? The second group of guests? What message was Jesus giving the Jews throughout this story?
4) When God calls us to know Him or spend time with Him, sometimes we give excuses too. What are some of the excuses we use instead of accepting God's invitations?

Final Thought
God is always calling us to know Him better. He loves us so much! Just as parents want their children to know them better or friends want to know each other better, God wants us to know Him! Psalm 34:8 says "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Knowing God is like enjoying a wonderful feast. And we are invited because of what Jesus did on the cross for us. Those who accept will have a seat at God's glorious banquet in Heaven.

Prayer

Song - Just As I Am

 Just as I am, without one plea,
but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidst me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
sight, riches, healing of the mind,
yea, all I need in thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Here is a link for the music:  Just as I am

No comments:

Post a Comment