What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Friday, May 20, 2022

Abba, Father - Daddy


Abba, Father - Daddy

This is one of my favorite names for the Lord our God and one that I use often in prayer. 

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Romans 8:15-16

The parable of the prodigal son shows us the heart of God for each of His children...those who have called on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. It's the heart of a Father; an Abba (it's Hebrew translation is closest to our "Daddy.") "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him...I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:20, 7

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1

Prayer

Abba, Father, magnificent in splendor...Elohim, the Great Creator of the Universe; yet with a father's tender heart of love toward His children. The hands that fashioned the universe, also tenderly creates each child in its mother's womb. Then, when that child is born, You call for us to know You through Your Son Jesus Christ. How blessed we are to be able to call You Abba, Daddy. 

I confess that I sin greatly against You. Like the prodigal son, I turn from You and do my own thing. I take all the incredible blessings You have given me and squander them on myself. I don't appreciate the blessings of living near to You each and every moment of the day and often I wander. Please forgive me. I also confess that I can be like the older brother...spiritually prideful, thinking I'm better than others and judging people around me. I look with envy at what they have instead of looking with gratefulness at all that You have given me. Please forgive me Abba. 

Thank You for being my Abba, Father. Thank You for calling me to Yourself. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus Christ, to make a way for me, through His death, that I might come to You. I am the sinner who repented. Thank You that You rejoice over me and lavish Your great love on me. 

Please help me to share the good news of who You are with the lost. I want Your family to be as big as possible. Please continue to look for the lost sheep and may I rejoice, like the angels in heaven, when each one is found by You. I love you Abba, Father with all that I am. In Your Son's name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment