What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Elohim - The Strong Creator God


Throughout Scripture we find God’s people calling on his name. Or more accurately, calling on his names. In the Bible, God reveals himself by various names, mostly related to his ability to meet the needs of his people. Thus, the people of God in the Bible were able to call on the name of the Lord for peace, deliverance, productivity, victory, encouragement, safety, protection, provision, power, and myriads of other things. That’s true of God’s people today too. Whatever our present need, God is the one who can meet that need—and he reveals himself as such by one of his many names.

The Bible includes more than 85 names of God. Each one gives us a description of who God is and how he relates to his creation. We can see God’s relevance to our particular situation by appealing to him based on the revelation of his names.

ELOHIM | THE STRONG CREATOR GOD

In the beginning God [Elohim] created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Genesis 1:1-2

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.  Hebrews 11:3

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:1-4

“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11


Prayer:  

Elohim, you are the strong Creator God. In you I find all of the components of everything you have ever created. Your great imag- ination gave the elephant its long trunk and the leopard its spots. By your strong arm the ocean depths were first measured and the mountains rose. You chose what color the sky would be and how the earth would feed itself, even bringing life through death as a seed dies before towering into a tree. I praise you for the greatness of your creative prowess and ingenuity. I adore you for the fullness of your power. And I honor you for how you have made all things, even the minutiae, work together to populate your great creation that we call earth.

Elohim, forgive me when I fail to recognize your creative power. Forgive me for not stopping and being awed by your hand and the masterpiece of your creation. Forgive me for doubting where I should trust you, even when it comes to my own life—my health and my purpose for living. I have not always seen you in the light of your greatness, and sometimes I make you seem much smaller than you truly are. For that, I am sorry.

Elohim, thank you for the security I experience when I recog- nize you as the great Creator God. No one was there telling you how to make the earth rotate in its orbit so it would continually receive light and heat. And yet you did it perfectly. I thank you that you know all things and don’t need me to try to figure out how to solve my issues or make my plans come about. You put the uni- verse together with your words—thank you for knowing how to put my life together as well.

Elohim, create great things for me to walk in. Create intersec- tions where you merge my passion, experiences, skills, and inter- ests together so I can fulfill the calling you have for me. Create in my heart a purity that is peaceful and appealing to those around me. Create my destiny, I pray, and then guide me into it for your name’s sake and for your pleasure. I trust you to create my life’s story and to give me all I need to fully live out the path you have planned for me. Thank you, Elohim, for being the strong Creator God.

No comments:

Post a Comment