What God is Saying

Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. — Psalm 96:2-3

Friday, May 27, 2022

Adonai - Lord Over All


Adonai - Lord over all

The Jews would often use this name as they thought YHWH / Yahweh was too sacred to be uttered by sinful man. 

Adonai, the word for "Lord" - someone having power, authority, and influence; a master, ruler. In God's Word, Adonai is used as a title of respect for Him. 

"My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says (Adonai) Almighty. Malachi 1:11

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:4-5

"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any Adonai besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him." Isaiah 64:4

O Lord [Adonai] God, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your strong hand; for what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do such works and mighty acts as Yours? Deuteronomy 3:24

Prayer

O Lord God, my Adonai, you are a great and mighty God. You have opened my eyes to see your greatness and your strong hand. What god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the amazing and powerful things you can do? Who can create a mountain? Who can make the deep where the waters rest, far beyond anything we can see? Who can calm a storm with just one word? None other than you, Adonai. You are the Master over all. You are the Lord above all. And you are deserving of the highest honor and praise.

Adonai, I humbly bow and ask for your forgiveness for failing to honor you as I should. I ask you to show me great mercy for the many times I’ve gone about my day without considering that you are the Lord and Master over all. How dare I fail to acknowledge your hand? How dare I attribute to man what I ought to attribute to you? Forgive me for my shortsightedness and lack of faith.

Adonai, thank you for being my Lord and my Master and yet allowing me to know you intimately. Thank you for remembering me constantly and reminding me of your presence. Your love captivates me. Your power mesmerizes me. All I need is your love in my life, and I thank you, Adonai, for giving me access to you throughout my day. Any moment I need you, you are there. I love you, Adonai, and I thank you for granting me the privilege of loving you and receiving your love.

Adonai, help me align my thoughts, actions, heart, decisions, and desires underneath you and your rule so I can fully experience the blessing of your hand in my life and so I can fulfill the destiny you have prepared for me. May I live out all of the days you have ordained for me, and may I discover the calling you have given me. Help me to see where I can share the knowledge of you with others and how I can spread the love you have put in my heart to those who need it the most. May your caring eyes watch over all I do. I ask you to empower me to impact the lives of those around me with your kingdom agenda. In Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment